Saturday, March 18, 2017

Where to begin?

       I haven't blogged recently for several reason. The first and satisfying one is that I'm in the throes of co-authoring a book. It's a modern "Clancy" type of military/political thriller set in current events in the Middle East. It's in final draft form now and we're looking forward to publishing.

       The far less satisfying reason is that I have been so saturated with outrageous actions by the current "administration" (in quotes because they're really not administering anything except Twitter") that I really don't know where to start. I pick up the paper most mornings and simply say "ah, shit," because once again the frequent flyer has done something which demonstrates his sheer stupidity, cultural illiteracy, lack of reasoned judgement and even worse, the malleability of his almost non-existent moral code. I just can't sift through all the possible topics and find just one on which to focus. 

      So forgive me if I focus for a bit longer on writing fiction rather than commenting on fiction masquerading as press briefings.   

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I am so exhausted from being angry at what the American people are being subjected to by this "administration". I have been spending time sewing charity quilts as he is so busy cutting money from programs aimed at the most in need. I do need to put myself on a strict diet of no news to keep my blood pressure in control.

    ReplyDelete