Monday, February 12, 2024

 

The Green Eyed Monster

    Right up front, let me say that I don’t particularly care for Taylor Swift’s music, not because of her performance or writing but just because it isn’t the sort of music I listen to. In the same vein, I was never much of a Dolly Parton fan, simply because I don’t care for country music.

Having gotten that established, I would also state that I have great admiration for both of them, and while we’re at it, let’s add Lady Gaga to the mix. All three are more than generous with their resources and time in areas far removed from performance and all three are masters of their chosen genres.
So why the Taylor Swift haters? Let me write the rest as if I were answering one of the several nasty comments related to her.
“Dear Dog in the manger,

Your comments re: Taylor Swift say much more about you than they do about her. She is the supremely successful product of a supportive nuclear family. Everyone she has worked with holds her in high esteem. She has been a successful song writer and singer since her teen years. What were you doing in your teens? She has given millions to charity with minimal publicity. How about you? She has sold out world tours and treated her staff supremely generously everywhere (tipped every tour bus driver $100 k above salary). She has lived a life in the public eye, free of even a hint of inappropriate behavior. She has done so without trying to gain public attention ala all the Kardashians and their ilk.
     I suspect your real problem with Ms. Swift is that she has done all these things with a grace and style which you don’t possess and never will. Jealousy is like an acid. It corrodes the vessel that contains it."

No comments:

Post a Comment