Thursday, July 2, 2020

Even More Stuff I Wonder About


Even More Stuff I Wonder About

Why didn’t John Bolton save us a lot of time and just name his book: “How I know more about foreign policy than anyone else, ever, and was stymied by the biggest dumbass ever to live in the White House?”  The one main takeaway from the book is that no one in the universe admires John Bolton more than John Bolton. And, coincidentally, he does give ample evidence of Trump’s “dumbassery”.

Do pet food manufacturers really think calling a can of food “All white meat chicken “primavera” (yes, it actually says that, probably to entice Italian cats) with garden vegetables in a classic sauce” makes it more attractive to either the cat or the owner? It’s friggin’ cat food; look at the nutritional data and feed it or don’t.

I’d love to be able to have a non-violent sit down with a non- masker to have a reasoned conversation in which he or she explains exactly to me how they believe their civil rights are being violated by being asked to protect others. Recently a “Christian” activist (no, not Jesus) said he’d, (and I quote) “Rather be beheaded than forced to wear a mask.”  He went on to liken wearing a mask, to prevent spread of illness, to Jews being forced to wear Yellow Stars in Nazi Germany. I’ll just let that sink in.

What kind of family forces or coerces their children into signing Non-disclosure agreements? I can hardly wait for Ms. Trump’s Book. I also find myself wondering how long after leaving the White House the former Ms. Knauss will remain Mrs. Trump.

How many times, I wonder, has Dr. Fauci  had to stifle the words “No, you dumb  fuck,  that’s wrong.”  On a similar note (ok, not all that similar), I saw a meme of Trump needing 2 hands to get a glass of water to his mouth beside a photo of Angela Merkel hoisting a full clear glass stein full of beer with one hand. When I say full, it looked like two pints. Bravo Ms. Merkel, (can I call you Angie? Call me.) Angela, I mean it as a compliment when I say you’re a better man then he is.

The mere thought of Trump using the land we stole from the Lakota for a self-aggrandizing fireworks display, especially over the strenuous objection of the National Park Service because of the possibility of fires, is sickening. It constantly amazes me that those who applaud such efforts have no clue that they’re being used.  

No comments:

Post a Comment