Sunday, November 11, 2012

A musical parody with apologies to Paul Simon


Not The Sounds of Silence (with homage and apologies to Paul Simon)

Hello, Facebook, my old "friend"
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the memes that you planted in my brain,
yet remained
I missed Takei and Gaga

...
Now Santorum's gone away,
Maryland marries you, if Gay
Florida and Ohio both went blue,
Those Fox News pundits were just sniffing glue
People making threats that rational mind's don't share
And no one cared
for either Paul or Gingrich.

Faceless threats and nameless rants
misguided posts from those who can't.
Spewing filth that one should keep inside,
verbose taunts and social suicide,
Just face it, Romney lost, Obama's in the chair,
and Boehner swears,
Thank God, four years ...of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment